Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journeys Again!

We have recently added an Individual Plan for each child based on their interests. It came from the EYFS disc and is based on the six learning areas. We are planning to do a new plan each term e.g. 3 a year. I just wondered what Individual Plans other people to do their children and how frequently you do a new plan.

We are finding it difficult to keep up with all the paperwork for our children's learning journeys and just wondered if any of you were willing to share what you do. Thanks in advance for all the excellent advice this forum gives again and again!

Guest jane707

I am a childminder and do an individual plan for each child every week.

I link them to my continuous provision plans... and write them after checking through observations and assessments done the previous week / session.

I do not write much about each child, just a few lines to show that I know what the child enjoys, what I might get out for him, what he might need more of next session etc.

hth :o

We have a similar system, but we only update the individual plan and then that feeds into the short term planning. We update the plans as and when they need updating but at least every half term, but it is definately easier than starting a new plan every time as sometimes they only need a little tweaking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)