Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observations

Hi everyone,

I am sure we have all been in that place when you come to your weekly sticking in and reviewing the observations you have made and some children have got lots of observations and some have got none. Has anyone worked out a way to solve / track this?

Would also love to know what people are capturing for thier observations in PD and KUW - I never seem to have as many observations as I would expect in these areas.

Thanks in advance for your replies XXX

Hi,

Re the solve/tracking - its time consuming but... my ta goes through their learning journals to see who we seem to be short on observations for and then we focus on those children for a few days. I know that throughout the week I do not have an obs for every child. I did think about sticking the children on a rota, and then focussing on a few children each week (obviously noting down anything exciting that was said/done by a child not on a the list) but I'm not sure I fully like that idea so haven't gone with it yet. Observations and photos are my main weakness, and am dreading both OFSTED and being moderated.

Hi

We have a board behind the door where we have a picture of each child laminated. When we have then written a post it note observation we stick it on their picture. WE can then see at a galnce who has no post observations. We also add any post it notes that the parents are sending in to this as well. This works really well for the obs but am still thinking of a way that we can omintor photographs!

Just another idea! Works well for us!

Annalea

Edited by annalea

Hi

We have a board behind the door where we have a picture of each child laminated. When we have then written a post it note observation we stick it on their picture. WE can then see at a galnce who has no post observations. We also add any post it notes that the parents are sending in to this as well. This works really well for the obs but am still thinking of a way that we can omintor photographs!

Just another idea! Works well for us!

Annalea

We use same system but on each child's picture card we have also stuck a clear CD wallet and put photo's in that. TA prints and files photos daily so can see at a glance who has escaped the camera!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)