Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed Please For Student Inquiry Timed Essay

hi just looking for some advice regarding this assignment. cant seem to work out how to even start on this essay :o. keep on going down different routes and not getting anywhere xD for my last timed essay i wrote the essay at home then took some notes of it along with me to help me recall the essay. compleatly stuck on this one and was wondering if anyone who had compleated it could offer some advice please. am now feeling desperate :(

Hi all :( , i decided to choose obesity weeks ago. I have chosen a tabloid article, a chapter in a book and a journal (and re-read them over and over again) lol :( . I have also been reading various articles on analysing texts. The aim is to discuss how different texts use words/lexis, syntax, graphics and layout to create a persuasive argument :o . Including what the key messages are, target audiences, if it reflects an argument, discussion or opinion etc. Therefore i need to discuss how the information is given, rather the what is information is given :wacko: .

I am suffering complete writers block, which could be due to the fact that we have had 3 assignments, 1 presentation and various other work to do over the last 6 weeks :rolleyes: . I think all of the information i have recently gathered as just formed a mass of jumble in my head :unsure: . Although i have spent hours and hours and hours .... trying to write this assignment, i always end up deleting it and so far have failed to even produce an introduction xD (having a complete nightmare). The only positive thing is i have not got long left before the deadline, so imay finally be able to catch up on some family time, housework, sleep xD etc. Theres always light at the end of the tunnel, just needto dig my way out of it first :(

Ok, so what do you want to show from your analysis? Does this help you with an introduction? If so, does it suggest how you can then organise your structure - for example, each point could provide paragraph content.

If this is a timed essay, I would think you won't end up with thousands of words, but you must be clear about what you consider important to your argument?

Don't know if any of that is helpful, but good luck anyway and please let us know how it goes

Sue :o

Hi sue, yeah that makes sense :o , I will have another go tonight and see how i get on. I think ive got that much stuff going around in my head i'm struggling to make sense of anything at the moment :( Thanks for the advice xD . Fingers crrossed i will actually get somewhere with it tonight :(

Glad I was able to help, in however small a measure!

I'll be available tomorrow if there's anything you might need to discuss (not that I'm monopolising this, everyone else!!!!)

What am I on about - I'm available till just about Christmas (AAAARK!! The C word! :o ), having had foot surgery and now on crutches!

Sue

Hi, thanks for the advice yesterday, managed to get a start on my essay at last xD .Only another 1700 words to go :( . I am struggling with adding references though, i'm writing about the evidence found within 3 different texts. Has anyone got any advice on how i might add further references :o any tips will be good to open my mindup a bit. Thanks all, have a great day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)