Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Timetable

Just a quick question....

How many PSRN and CLL sessions do you all teach in Reception? Just wondering if i'm doing too many.

:o

Thanks

Guest muckygravy
Just a quick question....

How many PSRN and CLL sessions do you all teach in Reception? Just wondering if i'm doing too many.

:o

Thanks

We've just had our Early Years consultant come in and say - we don't need to cover a specific CLL and PSRN teacher led activity every day! It should come out in your continuous provision. I however do a short daily phonics session every day and a short PSRN class activity every day. Then I will try to do a couple of teacher focused CLL and PSRN led sessions during the week which every child will have been involved in at some point over the week. I don't know if this is right but I still feel the need to teach and guide pupils in this way otherwise the level of learning would be low and I work in an independent school where the academic expectations are high from an early age. We have moved forward considerably as four years ago we only had one afternoon of child initiated play and the rest of the week was teacher led focused activities.

I do the same as muckygravy - a short phonics, a short PSRN session and then a couple of CLL and PSRN activities during the week. So this week the children are having a big book time in small groups and writing firework words for CLL. For PSRN in small groups we are doing something about differences in groups of objects and more and less and we are also doing a patterns activity. I hope this helps. We did this last year and it seemed to work.

Thank you for your replies.

What do your class timetables look like? I am finding it tricky to cover everything. What does your short term planning for CLL and PSRN look like. I'm just worried about making sure I cover all aspects of CLL and how to do it over a week!! :o

[What do your class timetables look like? I am finding it tricky to cover everything. What does your short term planning for CLL and PSRN look like. I'm just worried about making sure I cover all aspects of CLL and how to do it over a week!! :o

I've got two routines from two different schools I've been in. Both seem to work fine.

Daily_Routine_1_.doc

Full_time_routine.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)