Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! Medium Term Plan

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can give me some guidance as to what they do for their MTP in Reception. I am planning from the children's ideas as we should do but am now confused as to what I should have on a MTP. Please could people tell me what they are doing or attach some files to give me a starting point.

A stressed Reception teacher

Thanks

Sarah xx

My mpt for any half term shows upcoming festivals and events we will cover, plus any specific skills we want to cover in PD/CD, such as cutting, threading, weaving, etc - these can then easily be incorporated into an activity led by children. For instance - our overall theme for autumn 2 is 'Books, books, books!' - very open ended! I have chosen a fiction text to use - Traction Man by Mini Grey. However, I have not just gone straight in to using this text, I have planted seeds in minds about what it means to be a superhero - what do they do etc - this will link in with Sp and Lis - I sent home a 'time to talk' slip so parents could join in with the group discussions in school! The childrne have taken this on and developed it in a way I could never have 'planned'. All Friday afternoon we wore pegs on various parts of our clothes - these turned us in to Ben 10, Spiderman, Batman etc. I took photos v quickly so I can use these next week.

Hope that helps - contact me if you want to talk more!

Jenni

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)