Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evidence So Far

Hi all,

Over the half-term I have completed the on-entry assessments for the children in our Nursery class - using both evidence from learning journals and teacher assessment. I was wondering how much evidence (obs/photos etc) other settings have collected for each child so far? I have always followed the advice of only writing down significant achievements and things that you have not noticed before or will not remember for short obs in order to keep in manageable. We also do 1 long obs each half term. Does anyone have a different system to gather on-entry information for their children? And do you have a way of monitoring the observations to ensure that each child has a similiar amount - we have tried to monitor observations using a form where we write down the areas of learning covered by each observation in separate boxes next to the child's name but I'm not sure how useful this is.

Thanks

Green Hippo xx

I also do one long observation each half term. About half term we do a tick sheet of all the children we have observed, to make sure that we haven't missed anyone out, but thats about it. I don't gather a lot of info - and that's my target to get more evidence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)