Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Long Term Planning For Reception

Hi I am trying to change my long term planning for reception just wondering if people are using just the early learning goals or using the earlier objectives in development matters e.g starting with the 30-50 months development matters. If anyone could show me an example of their long term and medium term planning that would be great as I have someone from LEA coming in soon.

I think you should be using the ELGs for any long term planning and anything else for your short term and differentiation.

thanks so do you use the earlier objectives for your medium term and short term planning?

Im working in year1 at the moment but I would use them for learning intentions in short term planning. My Longterm and continuous planning was related to ELGs as ultimately that was our end of year target.

Thanks for the advice think thats what I will do

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Our long term plan is more about us as a setting, how we meet the principles etc etc. Almsot like our ethos really. Our medium term plan is where we want to go the next half term, identifying a starting point, AOL's that we need to focus on, how we are going to enable our environment etc etc. We do short term planning which is built around the children's ideas. Don't know what people think?

Mel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)