Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Year 1 Interview

A friend of mine has an interview for Year 1 - think it's a 20 minute activity. I teach YR so said I would have a think about super-duper ideas (!!) but wondered if anyone has any 'wow' things they have done with Year 1?

Thanks,

purplemagic

Sorry, I just re-read my post from last night and it wasn't terribly informative was it?! And it wasn't even that late last night either ! :o

Think it is a 20 min literacy activity with Year 1 (assume the whole class, but not sure). Large percentage of school have EAL so I was thinking a role-play type thing might be good as she won't know abilities of reading/writing in the class.

I would go for a speaking and listening activity, probably with cross curricular links if possible. or teaching a story with loads of actions I think! Role play could fit in. 20 mins isnt very long to do any particular teaching and get a written outcome. Can your friend look at the speaking and listening objectives on Standards site or even maths speaking and listening might fit in?

Good luck and let us know what she decides and how it goes.

Hi, just thought I would update you.

My friend read Whatever Next? in her interview, and the children then did a role-play of the story, complete with a big cardboard box, colander and a pair of my wellies! To finish, as it was only a 20 minute slot, she asked the children to think about where they would go if they were in the box.

And she got the job! Thanks everyone for all your help last week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)