Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lsa

Hello,

I am currently looking at the effectiveness of LSA in classrooms. Looking at things like do they help the development of children with SEN, and are they needed to support them. Read 2 articles which said that LSA were not needed so i am tryingto prove this wrong. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Also books, journals, websites etc would also be of great help.

Thanks x x :o

I don't have an LSA as such, but my TA comes a very close second, taking small groups of children each day to work on specific learning objectives (particularly maths and phonics) as appropriate (YR).

Last year I worked in Y1 and my TA used to do early literacy support with SEN pupils in the first 15 minutes of the day between doors opening and registration.

In each case the input provided by the TAs is invaluable and makes a huge difference.

Hi louallsop

I'm a teacher who is working as an LSA to a boy with Aspergers and my own son also has a LSA for his special needs - we're both at the same school so I have plenty of contact with his LSA. I would be quite happy to help you out and answer any questions you might have.

I would also be interested to read the two articles that said LSA's are not needed - are they available online?

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

i work in a special school as a lsa and would say that without my colleagues and myself the school would come to a stand still. whoever wrote the articles must be either superwoman or a man that has no idea. i also visit main stream schools with two of my children and have seen children with mild sn not getting the attention they need in the mainstream setting. not the fault of the teacher but the system. Lsa's are an invaluable resource for any school, i deal with behaviour, curriculum issues, parents and at my setting treated as part of a team. the teacher may deliver the curriculum on paper but all my views are taken into account.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)