Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psrn

Hi all, just thinking about next week (even though it is the first day of half term hols!). I am intending to a 'assessment' week not anything formal just a way of finding out where my Reception children are at with their learning - partly so that I know I am catering for them but also our 30 kids are taught by key workers therefore I rarely have all children at any one time. Im ok with phonics assessment, but does anyone have a handy psrn assessment type 'checklist' they would be kind enough to offer. I dont like ticklists per se I just want all the practitioners who work in such close proximity with the children to be able to inform me in a visual way where they are up to with their learning. I do intend to carry out the assessments in a fun/informal way. Hope this makes sense!

Thanks in anticipation!

I've got no format but I would look at these things

-number recognition

-rote counting

-1:1 correspondence

-understanding of more/less when comparing sets

-number ordering

-1 more/1 less

-understanding of how many altogether in an addition context and how many are left in a subtraction context

I hope that makes sense

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)