Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Timetables (again - Sorry)

. . . . . would any kind hearted reception practioners put up some examples of their timeatbles - or point me in the right direction to find som examples. I have really got to get my head around trying to fit everything in (guided reading / individual readins / phonics (group or whole calss) PSRN - focused teaching linked to CD/PD/KUW/PSED . . . the list goes on) without losing the essence of child initiated play and learning. Its beginning to feel like an impossible job!!!

I would be flexible if I were you and go with the flow. Timetable those activities that you need to share space for such as PE etc. Then think about your routines and define other times when you have a specific focus ie I always started my morning with a Carpet time( My whole class teaching input) and after play in morning and first thing in the afternoon. Call everything else activity time and mix and match it appropriately. You should have a whole class phonic session every day but otherwise, you can go with the flow. You will soon find the times when it is easiest to fit in your reading etc, I used to do this alongside some CI time.

Good Luck.

I really don't think there is a formula and believe me I have tried! When I had reception, I used my guided reading as a focused task so we did that all day with one adult plus one other focused task (usually). I did my main 2 inputs first thing in the morning and then after lunch. Everyday we had phonics which was ususally before whole class input in the morning. It was hectic and sometimes meant the children were on the carpet far too long and got very figety but I made sure we did alot of action rhymes too. We recently had a school advisor who said we were doing too much but didn't actaully suggest how to fit it all in so it is still a mystery. Of course if there were about 4 adult in each class it would be far simpler!

I'm sure there will be someone along soon who has some other suggestions. :o Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)