Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Struggling With 1030!

Hi all, Just started Foundation degree and so far feel I am coping! My second module is to make a book about a child's learning and development. I then have to write an essay linking this to milestones or stages of development and EYFS goals. I did a NNEB many years ago and am alittle confused as to the difference between milestones and stages of development? Thought they were one and the same? Ive been told to look up mary Sheridan which I did are these milestones?

Hope you guys can help x

I think long before the days of EYFS or foundation stage stuff children were indeed "measured" for want of a better word (it is early morning!!) by when they reached set milestones.

Mary Sheridan wrote much about these.

Now whilst being similar, the ages/ stages of development are kind of the newer thing..... probably just a different name!!

I suspect they will be looser/ less contrived and defintely less rigid.

Perhaps in your essay you could show wider reading by quoting from Sheridan aswell as EYFS but I don't think you need to use both throughout the essay.............. unless when you look at them you can see significant differences at certain ages and maybe then you will need to discuss why they are different.

Oh sorry don't think I have helped at all here.

Just early morning ramblings!!!!!

i too am doing foundation degree but with ou. last thing i did was nneb many moons ago. i am beginning to think that the wording these days is far more complicated for a simple question. I completed ezl 123 and 124 with two essays that were a nightmare keeping to a word count. still waiting for my result so my theory may be wrong if i have not passed. Like you I look at the questions and think it should be complicated because we are doing a degree.

buttercup

• 7 months later...

hi i am also doing foundation degree how did your module go ? I got that one back and had to redo it as didnt read the questions properly on last assigment now have found it hard how are you getting on?

sharon :o

Can't help with your assignments ladies, however I have just completed a top up to a foundation degree and graduate with a BA(Hons) in Nursery Management in July. One of the many things I have learned whilst doing a degree is to ensure that you do actually answer the question that is being asked, sounds obvious I know, but it was drummed into us by our tutors and certainly helped, especially as it is so easy to go off on a tangent!!

Good luck, I'm sure you will all get through it and you will always get plenty of help and advice on here :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)