Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cave Making

We want to have a cave role play area next term, outside but under a shelter. I wondered if anyone had made a really successful, sturdy, well-loved cave and how you went about doing it. At the moment I'm thinking about chicken wire and mod-roc - but thought you might have some simpler ideas? Thank you!

We have been making caves in Nursery too. I got an 'A' frame from the pe cupboard and then gave the children loads of things they could use to create one for themselves. They had ropes, tarpaulin, blankets and fabric, pegs and bull dog clips plus they could use anything else they chose to add to it. They had a wonderful using the goal post and basketball net too. I was amazed at how creative they were!

I would be interested too, need a dark, cave like area next half term.

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...hl=pentagon+den

Just remembered a post from a couple of years ago which used canes to make a pentagon, really easy apparently. Looking at the more recent posts really fancy having a go at this or maybe even the rolled up newspaper ones as we have several children rolling up paper at the moment.

Edited by Deb

We made the gruffalo's cave last year for xmas role play in a F2 classroom using chicken wire paper mache and mod roc which worked out well.

It lasted quite a while too

V

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)