Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Special Needs And Eyfsp

Hello, I have a little boy in my reception class who has Downs Syndrome.

His achievement within the profile is quite sporadic and it is confusing me slightly. He achieves points 1 and 3 for example in disposition and attitudes but not point 2 however he has also achived point 5 and 6. I know with a mainstream child they have to have points 1, 2 and 3 before they can get any furthur I was wondering if this rule still applies for special needs children?

Many thanks :o

Hello, I have a little boy in my reception class who has Downs Syndrome.

His achievement within the profile is quite sporadic and it is confusing me slightly. He achieves points 1 and 3 for example in disposition and attitudes but not point 2 however he has also achived point 5 and 6. I know with a mainstream child they have to have points 1, 2 and 3 before they can get any furthur I was wondering if this rule still applies for special needs children?

Many thanks :o

Interestingly the guidance from the QCA about scale points 1-3 seems to indicate that points 4-8 can be awarded without 1-3 in exceptional cases

"If the child is working securely within the early learning goals, even though scale points 1-3 have

not been completed, this may be an exception.

Therefore a child's score would include scale points 1-3 that are attained plus the scale points

of 4-8 attained, indicating a child working within the early learning goals

http://testsandexams.qcda.gov.uk/libraryAs...sessment6th.pdf

You can always try planning something to try and mee the missing point or to develop the missing section if you would like him to complete the whole bit. If we have children SEN or not we plan to meet the areas they need each day so we can achieve all bits with evidence ie pictures or art work.

Hope this helps :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)