Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E-profile

HI I was just wondering what information you pass on from the e-profile to the year one teacher. Is there somthing that we can print out to show which early learing goals the children have met and which one's they are till working towards.

(of course I talk to the teacher too!)

many thanks,

est hi!

There are loads of sheets you can print out are you very familiar with the eProfile?

My advice would be to play on screeen and decide which is best. I think the Y1 teacher needs to know which points on each of the scale each child has achieved and my advice has always been to then work to this in you planning at least in the first ter. Any child who has not achieved 6+ I would recommend the Y1 teacher is planning for them on Development Matters so they are planning appropriately for that childs needs.

Have a play and get back to the forum if you need to.

Hi LornaW

Thanks for your advice. I don't really get chance to play around with the eprofile, as I'm part time and the computer is at school! I'll make some time and have a look thanks for your help.

est hi!

There are loads of sheets you can print out are you very familiar with the eProfile?

My advice would be to play on screeen and decide which is best. I think the Y1 teacher needs to know which points on each of the scale each child has achieved and my advice has always been to then work to this in you planning at least in the first ter. Any child who has not achieved 6+ I would recommend the Y1 teacher is planning for them on Development Matters so they are planning appropriately for that childs needs.

Have a play and get back to the forum if you need to.

Hi est

If you can why not download it on a computer at home and even if you only put one child's details in you will begin to see what you can do with it.

When yu download it you can also download dummy data but so far I have not been able to upload the dummy data even after phoning the help line! I put in 10 made up children and played with that!

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

[i pass on a sheet printed from e profile for each of the 13 areas (sorry but I always forget the right names!) this shows the Y1 which children have achieved which goals so they can plan accordingly.

It's one that puts a star by each goal as it is achieved - doesn't show when it was achieved.

I also print this each old term to show me where the children are and to see any major gaps in progress.

Our Year 1 teacher has just been on a transition course and she was told they should have the eprofile on their computer to continue using it.

Pip

As a Year 1 teacher I was passed a sheet (not from the e-profile) which had highlighted the ELG's achieved from all areas and at which point during the reception year they had been achieved. It was one A3 sheet and very useful. I have now transferred this info for Reading, Writing and Maths to the APP sheets we have which have ELGS, P scales and Level 1 criteria on so I can see what progress has been made and continue to monitor for this term with the ELGs where appropriate.

Having previoulsy worked in FS, knowing which ELGs have been achieved (and when) is much better than knowing how many out of 9 for each scale.

Talk to the Year One teachers and see what they would prefer.

Best wishes,

Lx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)