Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold Application And Artsmark

Hi All.

I recenlt had my Performance Management Review, and the big thing that came out of it was that the head wants me to apply for Threshold a year early. I lead the FS in school (which is really just me and my TA as we don't have a pre-school or nursery!) and the head feels because of the work I do in FS and across the school I should be post threshold. Great... but she wants me to do the application in one year instead of two which concerns me a little.

She also wants me to apply for the Artsmark award for the school as that's my subject area. I've just checked the website and it says if you haven't started the application by 6th October not to start as it takes too long. That was only last week so I'm thinking I may be able to do it, but now that I have both things to apply for I'm not sure. Throw into the mix I'm getting married in 6 months and it all seems a bit unrealistic.

Has anyone got any words of wisdom, encouragement or warning please?? I'd love to be able to do both but not sure it's do-able. What do you think?

Thank you in hope :o

Im sorry to see no one has responded to you Jess. I dont know how threshold works now and Im not quite sure why your head should think this is a way forward. It sounds as if you should be asking for a TLR but thats not easy either. Threshold is not a replacement for or indicative of responsibility.

If the Artsmark says there is a closing date then I think maybe you should start looking at what is required so that you can put everything together for the next round.

Wedding preparations although exciting can also be stressful and you dont eant to be so tired that you cant enjoy those.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thank you so much. I've looked into the Artsmark and as the closing date in mid November with half term next week, I'm going for it. If I don't get it done then it's ready for next year! But another teacher at school has been very supportive so fingers crossed we might get it done. Also if I do get it done this round, then it's done and I can concentrate on my threshold application.

As for the threshold, we're a small school with 4 teachers on the leadership team, so there's no room for any more teachers with TLRs. But the threshold would take me off of the main pay scale. I think her point is that i do a hell of a lot more work than some other teachers and she feels my pay doesn't reflect this. And the same teacher who's offered to help me with the Artsmark has just gone through threshold herself so her application is still in school and she's letting me have a look through it so I know what's ahead of me. She's been fantastic!

I'm really enjoying the wedding planning, we're getting there slowly but surely!

Thank you for your advice Susan :o

Hi Jess. Have you read through the guidance on applying for threshold to ensure that you meet eligibility criteria? Im not sure that you can short cut the process any more by having just one PM review rather than two so its worth checking first rather than applying only to find out that you were never eligible anyway. Its great to be acknowledged for all the hard work you do, so I hope it works out for you.

I don't know anything about Artsmark but if you think you have time to get the application in then go for it and good luck

Yes I do meet the requirements as threahold was mentioned over a year ago in a PRM and it's been documented. I've been collecting evidence for everything I do anyway - mainly because I'm a hoarder and secondly because I knew I'd need it at some point. The only thing that I don't have is that I'm not on the M6 pay, I'm only M5 this year, and she wants me to complete the application this year so I'd skip M6. But she seems to think that's not a problem!?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, I'm putting it on hold now. Will look at submitting the application next year instead. I didn't think it was going to be possible, and I'd rather wait till the right time.

Thanks all :o