Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Classroom Monitor

Knoksk

We use Classroom Monitor in our school from Nursery upwards. I don't know if it is like the eprofile as I have only ever used CM.

Our whole school uses CM, currently up to year 4 and it was a whole school decision that everyone would use it from Nursery upwards. When we take up to year 6 we will continue to use it then.

Im am so glad to hear that other school's are using it for reception. So should my nursery children be on it, because my admin lady said only my reception children needed to be on it? I thought they both had to be on it - it would make more sense. Also, if the children have not covered an area yet I would set it as T for Target wouldnt I?

We have our nursery children on it as we still have 3 term intake so some of the nursery children are Reception age and have achieved profile points before they get to me. It also means I have info about when they achieved those points.

I don't set the boxes to target until it is an area I have covered. So once the children have had the opportunity to achieve the point then I put it as a target. I update CM at least every half term and try and do it fortnightly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)