Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ht Observing Pdr

I am being observed by HT who is keen to know about PDR ethos. I suggested she popped in for beginning and end bits as her time is limited. How do I 'plan' this? We will split into 3 groups and use this format for Planning and reviewing( and observing 1 child) and thats about it! it! I love PDR, but it's not like being watched doing a phonic session is it!

What kind of things would you recommend I should be demonstrating? :o

You need to do exactly what you do now, surely? If there is a routine that you are building up you might be ready to work on the next step with the children but they wont respond well if you change the format alot.

Good Luck.

I totally agree, do exactly what you do now. I had an observation from my head last week and to begin with I played with a few children, following on from the previous days observation of one of them. I then plaed with other groups of children, sometimes joining in the play and sometimes talking about what they were doing. I had already discussed with my TA that she would be doing the observation that session.

The head was really impressed and couldn't fault anything I did.

Good luck, I am sure you will be fine.

chocisgood great advice here and try to forget she is there and interact and play! You will be great and you know your children so get in at their level as I know you will. great that your HT is coming to see PDR well done you!

Lorna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)