Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display Ideas!

Hi everyone, i am seriously in need of some inspiration! i have a display board in my class (reception) that is specifically for ICT. does anyone have any ideas of what i can put on it? i am currently doing fairytales and thought about creating a map (little red riding hood) but not sure. i am also teaching early addition in numeracy, so thought about doing something like placing spots on a ladybird and adding them (but then realised i'd have to create a ladybird first!) Any ideas greatly appreciated as i am running out of them! :o

We have a board that we use to display children's drawings ~ that have been drawn on the compuer programme. You could also display photos of objects such as electrical appliances, battery operated objects. You could even make a sorting game with these including a catergory that does not need power.

Not strictly speaking Toys but I have used "Harry & the bucketful of dinosaurs" and "Billys bucket"

We use Billy's bucket for water play, displays and Circle time.

Water Play - Clear buckets, fishing nets, a variety of fish, sharks, rocks, mermaids, divers and subs. Children make a bucket like BIlly's

Display - A clear bucket, acetate (3D) and the children think of things to put in the bucket. Positional language is good here. Under the shark, behind the spade etc.

Circle time - A clear bucket, children take the bucket home, and return with some things important to them. We can all look through "x's" bucket and learn a little more about each other.

Jan

Hi

We were talking ITC at work the other day and these are some of the equipment we talked about that might give inspiration.

Digital camera - create a photo album of the kids and their class enviroment

Art packages on the PC - do a display of computer generated pictures (packages like dazzle)

Calculators - big collage picture of a calculator surrounded by numbers

Telephones - communication, language etc. How we use them to talk to people in other parts of the country/world

Audio equipment - CD/tapes of different music, art piece inspred by a particular piece of music

Alarm clocks - time and squencing the days activities

Getting late now and brain started to dry up, hope this helps.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)