Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calling All Early Years Practitioners!

Hi everyone, can i just ask, have you heard about changes in pay ????

I work in lincolnshire, but have been out with my friend who works in leeds,and she is under the impression that a nursery who works in her nursery (education) is having her wage dropped in 72 days?, so her contract will be term time only.

I knew new nurery nurses were going on term time only but didnt think they change contracts and drop wages, and were not talkin by a bit it will be about £4000 each year?

Anybody else heard about this???

Thanks in advance

Gill x

This is happening in our area also. We were told it was to bring us in line with all other council workers, they are saying why should we get paid the same for working 39 weeks of the year as we would if we worked 45. they say we should be paid the same as everyone else.

It has caused quite a stir

killowengirl

This is happening in our area also. We were told it was to bring us in line with all other council workers, they are saying why should we get paid the same for working 39 weeks of the year as we would if we worked 45. they say we should be paid the same as everyone else.

It has caused quite a stir

killowengirl

Hi can i ask which area you live in??

Surely they cant drop our wages can they?

and why some area and not others?

I will contact my union next week and let you know what they say

Gill x

This has happened to all council workers in Trafford, including TAs, some have lost money, if they stay on 32.5 hours they are classed as part time which then affects their pensions. Some are working extra hours, holiday clubs etc. We are in Church school and we haven't been affected yet, but I think new employees will be on the new contracts.

Has already happened here a couple of years ago - it's unfair and the worst is there's nothing you can do to stop it - we went thro the whole Single Status process , the Unions were frankly useless, tho they constantly kept telling us how hard they were working for us, the whole thing caused huge amounts of bitterness and resentment. It's starting to settle now as more new people come into the workplace who have never known anything other, but for many of us who went thro it the hurt, anger and disillusionment is still there. I still love what I do, but I hate how it now makes me question doing the extra little things in my spare time which I had always done without a second thought - I hate what it did to how I feel about my job much more than the financial side - and yes, that's all true too. I hope it is handled better where you live and that you don't have such a negative experience - hopefully they have learned from the past. Sorry to sound so negative but best to know what is coming - I'm sure tere were benefits for some but they mainly seemed to be women who worked in the council in admin/office type jobs. As said before, school hours only count as part time employment - we now have to work for longer each week to earn the same or take a pay cut by remaining on the same hours. ( and the whole regrading process was a mess too) I just don't think about it and just get on with life - it's just when the subject comes up you realise how much it affected you. :o

• 1 month later...

Hi I know this is late but our Nursery nurses in NELincs are having union meetings over this potential change in conditions. Even after the meeting there seems to be no clear message to those Nursery nurses who are on full contracts. They were told to wait until after Christmas....watch this space...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)