Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Sef Form Early Years Part For A Primary School

Hi

Can anyone help me?

I am a Reception teacher/Foundation Stage Co-ordinator writing the SEF form Sub-section A5: How effective is the Early Years Foundation Stage?

I have managed to do A5.1 Outcomes for children in the EYFS

A5.2 The quality of provision in the EYFS

A5.3 The efffectiveness of leadership and management in the EYFS

but how do I tackle, A5.4 Overall effectiveness: how well does the setting/school meet the needs of children in the EYFS?, without repeating what I've written in the previous 3 bits???

Any ideas, or where to find out??

Thank you in advance

Lis x

Hi!

I was in same boat and then I had an idea - read ofsted reports for those schools who got outstanding for EYears - I know the report isn't set out exactly like the SEF, but you do get an idea of what they are looking at!

There IS an element of repetition - those who wrote the headings are not EY practitioners.

Do you have the copies of the actual SEF pages, because there are expanded notes at teh top of each section?

Hope this helps!

Jenni

Hi!

I was in same boat and then I had an idea - read ofsted reports for those schools who got outstanding for EYears - I know the report isn't set out exactly like the SEF, but you do get an idea of what they are looking at!

There IS an element of repetition - those who wrote the headings are not EY practitioners.

Do you have the copies of the actual SEF pages, because there are expanded notes at teh top of each section?

Hope this helps!

Jenni