Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Online Courses

Hi, I realise that face to face courses are probably everyones preference but have found online courses in safeguarding children, fire safety, health and safety and several more that are cheaper than any of our locally held courses. As we are a small rural preschool who struggle for funds I am looking at online as a way of training staff but wonder what peoples opinions on this are and also whether the certification is as valued by OFSTED. Does anyone else use this method of training? Jo

Edited by Guest

With the food hygiene online course I asked our local authority environmental health team to evaluate the course. When they said it covered everything we needed to know we went for it. I am hoping to get similar approval from LSCB for the safeguarding ones if the prices continue to rise in our area. Re the food hygiene one the LA person who told me it was ok said she expected a huge rise in online courses such as this as there is no legislation to say it must be offered by a particular body or face to face, and that obviously online is cheaper to deliver. Would also be interested to know if anyone has had agreement that the courses on offer are suitable. Have you also looked at NSPCC safeguarding ones?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)