Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Hi!!

I need help!!! We are going on a whole school trip to the sculpture park on Wednesday, next week; and I have no idea what to do with 20 reception aged children for a whole day. I was thinking sketching scultpures but that's not going to take much time. Help help!!! any ideas would be great!

Let them enjoy the space and the countryside!

Get them to make different statue poses, similar to those in the park. Get them working in groups to make similar statues to 'Molecule Man'.

Go into the Deer Shelter 'Skyspace'. I could have sat in there for ages looking up at the sky and how it changes.

There is a great exhibition in the Underground Gallery but it is look, don't touch, which could be hard. You may have to check about large numbers of children in there together, but the sculptures are very interesting in a textural sense. If only you could touch!! I wanted to and I'm a grown up so 4 / 5 yr olds!!

Have fun!

Take a digital camera and take some photo's of living statues posing in the fabulous setting. Can you take some play dough and do some modelling yourselves?

Thanks for the ideas. I think i am going to make another trip this weekend and take some littlies, see what sparks them up. Cheers everyone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)