Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Remote Control Cars

Hey guys. Does anyone know where I can get about 8 decent remote control cars that isn't going to cost me a remortgage on my classroom???!!! I'm in Reception and need to start really resourcing my KU ICT bits. Got in a Pixie and have a whiteboard, but seen as I'm on with the resourcing (!), may try and get in some cars if at all possible.

Have looked through some of the catalogues at school and have had no such luck and Argos seems to be charging extortionate prices. Was wondering if any of you had had any luck at finding a decent car for a decent (enough!) price.

Thanks for the help!

D xxx

We have a remote control ant that came from Super Drug the children love it. Also have a remote spider from Maplins electronic shop. I also found a programable truck in Woolworths. I think you have to just keep looking, I got all of these in a sale - all under £20 one only 9.99.

TTS website or catalogue might help ( afraid I don't know the address off hand) We've just bought a car (£28 ish) and a ladybug the car goes forward and back and turns, the ladybug should do all 3 but its turning mechanism isn't brill - they both eat batteries however!

Address for TTS is ttsgroup.co.uk - don't try to access online though I have terrible problems and the remote control bugs weren't there!!!!

Ask for a copy of the Early Steps catalogue (especially for FS) I have ordered the ladybird and beetle, delivery time is quite slow though and I'm still waiting for mine!!!

Janet

Address for TTS is ttsgroup.co.uk - don't try to access online though I have terrible problems and the remote control bugs weren't there!!!!

Ask for a copy of the Early Steps catalogue (especially for FS) I have ordered the ladybird and beetle, delivery time is quite slow though and I'm still waiting for mine!!!

Janet

Mine arrived today from TTS. I ordered the caterpillar, honey bee and ladybird. They are £19.99 each. I felt that bugs may appeal more to the girls as well as the boys as opposed to cars.

I only ordered them last week, and they arrived today.

Well I don't know whether I should dare say it, but ......... oh well I'll just go ahead and say it then ..... I really wanted a few and got mine from a car boot sale (not in the same day I might add but over a period of a few weeks!) I paid up to about £2.00 each and they're absolutely fine - don't know how you feel about getting up at 7.00 a.m. on a Sunday morning though!!!!!!!! I just cannot bring myself to pay full price for things like that when I know you can get the same things but much cheaper - just that they're secondhand - but that doesn't bother the children one little bit! A little clean up if necessary, and then they look like new anyway! This then leaves money free to buy things that you have to get from the catalogues or something extra special.

janice :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)