Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please Re: Foundation Degree And Teaching

Hi,

I am after some information please. I have just finished my NVQ4 CCLD and would like to take a route into teaching. I am aware that the best way would probably be to do my foundation degree but surely I don't have to do the full 3 years do I? After foundation degree, what route do I take then?? Any advice please would be great! xx Thanks :o

My friend finished the Level 4 CCLD and was given a place on the final year of the FD at a local college (everywhere round here seems to do it in 2 years). Originally, it was thought that because her CCLD was a level 4, technically that was the same as completing Year 1 of the FD, however, her tutors are now questioning things as they don't seem to be sure if the CCLD has the necessary credits to go straight into the second year. There is a possibility that she will have to re-start but in Year 1. I would say check with the prospective college/uni on what their rules are. She is finding Year 2 extremely hard going because she didn't have the same level of teaching as she had for her CCLD, so that is another thing to consider (I think she means in terms of academic writing requirements).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)