Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Little Red Hen

Our key text next week is The Little Red Hen-links nicely to Harvest Festival on Thursday! I am being observed on Tuesday and main focus is Maths. I am really stuck for Maths/PSRN activities linked to the story-it doesn't HAVE to link but it would be nice if it did! Can anyone help?

Bring some corn in and do something related to weight.

Problem solving linked to bread - the little red hen has x loaves of bread / bread rolls to share between y friends how could she do this?

Different sized bags to put corn in - how much corn is in each bag? Which has the most - why?

I may think of others later but I hope that gives a starting point.

Think SP61HJ has said it all really! Weight/Measure is the obvious way to go - maybe you could bring in a letter from the Little Red Hen with some bread buns she has sent them to share out for snack time? I've often found the 'letter with a problem to solve' tactic can work nicely as it catches their interest from the off. Lots of luck anyway - I'm sure it will go v well:)

THankyou for your help- Think I have some good ideasd now to get me going! I have always found the letter with a problem/asking for help works wonders too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)