Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Observation

Hi

Help, I need some inspiration. I am being observed next week for writing and I am panicking. I have been doing lots of practical activities from penpals using ribbons, moving to music,mark making in cornflour etc.

Has anyone got any other brilliant ideas they use?

Thank you

Hi

Help, I need some inspiration. I am being observed next week for writing and I am panicking. I have been doing lots of practical activities from penpals using ribbons, moving to music,mark making in cornflour etc.

Has anyone got any other brilliant ideas they use?

Thank you

Today we used trays (just like the trays in units for storing resources) with some wet/damp sand in and the chn used paintbrushes to move the sand/make letter shapes in the sand. It was VERY popular!

Thank you for your good ideas.

Im still unsure whether to start the lesson with letter formation or focus on movement to music using a Pen Pals activity. Havent been observed before for writing in Foundation Stage and worrying that it wont be a good lesson.

What do people think?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)