Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Objectives

I was wondering if someone can clear up some confusion for me. I have just started a new school and have been told they are using the FSPs to plan from. I am horrified especially as an advisor has told them this is what should be done. Is there anywhere that actually says to do this or not that I can show the FS Leader. I though we should be planning with Development Matters in mind. I am worried a s we may have the dreaded 'O' visit soon and I am sure they will not think much of this. Have I missed something somewhere? How is everyone else planning their objectives?

I was wondering if someone can clear up some confusion for me. I have just started a new school and have been told they are using the FSPs to plan from. I am horrified especially as an advisor has told them this is what should be done. Is there anywhere that actually says to do this or not that I can show the FS Leader. I though we should be planning with Development Matters in mind. I am worried a s we may have the dreaded 'O' visit soon and I am sure they will not think much of this. Have I missed something somewhere? How is everyone else planning their objectives?

I was taught to use EYFS guidance too - not/never the profile; but as soon as I started in a school as an NQT, this was all ever looked at - all OFSTED seemed to care about too!! sad but true x

thank you I had forgotten about that in the document. I think though, that the reception teachers are using the end of year assessment statements from the profile as objectives for planning. I would find this very restricting and narrow the curriculum provision. I am very confused as I have always used development matters.

thank you I had forgotten about that in the document. I think though, that the reception teachers are using the end of year assessment statements from the profile as objectives for planning. I would find this very restricting and narrow the curriculum provision. I am very confused as I have always used development matters.

If you can I would keep using development matters as you quite rightly said just using the profile points would restrict the curriculum as there is more to the EYFS than those in the profile. It is unfortunate that the message hasn't got to everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)