Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baby Room Planning

TORO

Hello all,

I need some help please. In the baby room we have babies from 8 months to almost 2. The twos should really be moving to the toddlers room, but we have no space left and if they all go, the baby's room will practically be empty. With planning how can we plan for this age groups, should we have two planning sheets, or one. We obviously observe and plan, but sometimes the activities just need to be more challenging for the almost twos.

Thanks

Its so hard isnt it, we have exactly the same problem. I have been speaking to many Nursery's recently who are experiencing this too. We have an under 2s unit upstairs we split the two rooms babies up to walkers so approx 14 months then the other room 14months -2 years, however due to Maternity leave etc we have very few babies under 1 years old. This mean we can have up to 15 2 year olds in our under twos room. Often the baby room has anything from 1 to 5 babies in it.

Babies planning we are finding very hard and is mainly routine based

we have seperate planning for 14months-2years. We have individual planning for each child, this maybe experiences to add to provision or activities to do with the children, We do very little other planning. Its so hard when we need to constantly change nappies etc

I know what you mean about the range of development in a 0-2 room. We have a 0-2 room with 8 children, so consider most of the experiences we offer to come from the environment. When we bring in something different for them to explore, we simply note it in a notebook. We also plan one particular activity per day e.g. body painting / a sensory experience. On the planning sheet for this we have a section for the main learning intention for 6 month to 1 year and another for 1 to 2 years.

I'd love to hear ideas from others on this one ..... please

Gruffalo2 :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)