Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115 Eyclo 11 Ict

Hello everyone,

I ve only recently registered on here and hoping for some help. I am finding it very hard to find information and evidence on how to evaluate and use ICT to support children's learning and development. It might just be me, but just can not think of anything.

I am also having a bit of a struggle with EYCLO 9 and 10?

Any help would be great.

I hope this course its not as hard as i am finding it right now.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Eyclo 11 is all about your role in supporting children using ICT. It's not all about using the computer though. When you participate in the compulsory forums you could use evidence from this for how you support the curriculum by using ICT. Observations and assessments on children using ict can be used for how you monitor and evaluate teaching and learning. You can plan an activity using remote control toys and assess children on this too. For evaluating ict and software you could do a audit of your resources and list the number of ict equipment in your setting. Keep it simple would be my advice here.

Eyclo 9 is about developing your own resources. What do you do to improve your performance? Training courses, staff appraisals where you and your superior can identify your next steps in your development. Planning your own development could come in here with time scales and achievable goals . The PPAs for all the eyclos are full of hints and tips on where to find evidence.

Eyclo 10 again is about supporting children to participate in activities. Its about what you do to enable each child to take part in your day to day stuff. For instance perhaps you have talked to a child's parent about the strategies you are using to help the settling in process. Another one could be observations carried out on a groups of children and how you promoted/supported their learning. Do you do circle time or a P.E. session? How do you support children in these areas? Do you use colleagues to help support a reluctant child to participate?

Again use the PPAs....I sometimes found these hard to understand but they are there as an aid to help you think of where the rich evidence of your practice can be found.

Keep going...........it's hard at the beginning but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Have you been to a tutorial yet? Hopefully your tutor will be able to get you thinking about your practice.

Keep in touch.

Did you get my last PM and did it make sense or completely confuse you? :o

Hi Andrea,

Eyclo 11 is all about your role in supporting children using ICT. It's not all about using the computer though. When you participate in the compulsory forums you could use evidence from this for how you support the curriculum by using ICT. Observations and assessments on children using ict can be used for how you monitor and evaluate teaching and learning. You can plan an activity using remote control toys and assess children on this too. For evaluating ict and software you could do a audit of your resources and list the number of ict equipment in your setting. Keep it simple would be my advice here.

Eyclo 9 is about developing your own resources. What do you do to improve your performance? Training courses, staff appraisals where you and your superior can identify your next steps in your development. Planning your own development could come in here with time scales and achievable goals . The PPAs for all the eyclos are full of hints and tips on where to find evidence.

Eyclo 10 again is about supporting children to participate in activities. Its about what you do to enable each child to take part in your day to day stuff. For instance perhaps you have talked to a child's parent about the strategies you are using to help the settling in process. Another one could be observations carried out on a groups of children and how you promoted/supported their learning. Do you do circle time or a P.E. session? How do you support children in these areas? Do you use colleagues to help support a reluctant child to participate?

Again use the PPAs....I sometimes found these hard to understand but they are there as an aid to help you think of where the rich evidence of your practice can be found.

Keep going...........it's hard at the beginning but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Have you been to a tutorial yet? Hopefully your tutor will be able to get you thinking about your practice.

Keep in touch.

Did you get my last PM and did it make sense or completely confuse you? :o

Hello Miriam,

I did get your last PM, thank you so much. It helped me alot and i am alot more confident in the EYCLO's now. I have printed off all the PPA's however the EYCLO's forms are not available yet.

My first tutorial is on wednesday the 7th and i am really looking forward to it as well as meeting more People who are studying this course.

Thanks again for your help.

Andrea

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)