Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hedgehog Songs And Rhymes.

The one i know is below (not sure of the tune though)

Hilly Billy Hedgehog prickles and spikes these are the things a hedgehog likes

ACTIONS (place hands together fingers touching, then slot your fingers between one another to look like a hedgehog, as you sing wiggle your fingers so it looks like a hedgehog's spikes)

A bowl of milk (cup your hands like a bowl)

and a slice of bread (slice one hand along the other)

and a nice warm place to rest his head (hold hands to side of head like sleeping symbol)

night night billy (wave)

see you next spring,

that's when your alarm clock rings (wave both hands shouting ting a ling a ling)

Dawn

• 3 years later...

I found hedgehog number rhymes in a number sack on amazon that my class have really enjoyed, great for 'playing and exploring' and 'critical thinking'. 1 for adding, 1 for take away and also lots of measuring. I used it as stimulus for maths circle time inititally and then added it to number area, led to lots of problem solving. I now need another one!

http://www.amazon.co...49503941&sr=8-1

The one i know is below (not sure of the tune though)

Hilly Billy Hedgehog prickles and spikes these are the things a hedgehog likes

ACTIONS (place hands together fingers touching, then slot your fingers between one another to look like a hedgehog, as you sing wiggle your fingers so it looks like a hedgehog's spikes)

A bowl of milk (cup your hands like a bowl)

and a slice of bread (slice one hand along the other)

and a nice warm place to rest his head (hold hands to side of head like sleeping symbol)

night night billy (wave)

see you next spring,

that's when your alarm clock rings (wave both hands shouting ting a ling a ling)

Dawn

No no no shock horror don't teach them that one as milk and bread are bad for hedgehogs. I have lots of hoggies visiting my garden and its a myth that you give them milk......it can make them quite poorly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)