Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Show And Tell Table

Guest cheryl3

Guest cherylbetts

Hello everyone, still trying to get the hang of this so please forgive me if I am doing it all wrong!

A number of our children bring items into the setting for "Show and Tell". We have an area dedicated to these items. They are at eye level, however all children can reach them, therefore you can imagine how many times many of the items get mixed up with the pre school toys and therefore lost!

I did think about using a clear plastic box with a lid. That way the children can place their item in the box and it is still at eye level for them to see but won't go astray - would anyone know if this is the right thing to do - or better still any other ideas?

Thanks Guys.

Cheryl x

Hi Cheryl, at our setting (PVI pre-school) we have a plastic box for children to put their show and tell items in. At some point during the session this is then used for a small group activity where the children talk about what they've brought in. The items are not set out as such on a table, but only accessed when the activity actually takes place.

Guest cherylbetts
Hi Cheryl, at our setting (PVI pre-school) we have a plastic box for children to put their show and tell items in. At some point during the session this is then used for a small group activity where the children talk about what they've brought in. The items are not set out as such on a table, but only accessed when the activity actually takes place.

I am in Reception and have a basket with luggage tags, wool, pencils and scissors. When children bring in an item for show and tell they have to write their name on a tag and have a go at writing what they have brought in and the tag is tied round the toy. They then put the toy in their drawer, if it will fit or left out by the tags.

In our Nursery class they have a home box where all toys are put at the beginning of the session and then they are left in there until show and tell or home time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)