Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict Planning

We have a staff meeting on Monday based on planning. One thing I have been warned that is on the agenda is including ICt on plans / making med term ICT plans. I do use the computer every day but it tends to eb more for child initiaited activities and although I use some websites Ihave no formal plans>

Does anyone outthere write specific ICt plans / include it in either weekly or medium term plans. If so any chance you could let me have a look at how they are done!

Thank you :o

Hi Karenb

This seems a bit of a hot potato!

I know that schools are encouraged to show how they are incorporating ICT into every lesson. What type of setting are you?

Remember that ICT in the Foundation stage is not synonymous with computers. Have a look in your FS guidance.

Our ICT next week is going to be making toast, that is operating simple equipment!

cas

Hi Karen -

It might be a bit late for you to use next week, but there's a really helpful resource from the DfES which we reviewed a while back, which gives suggestions for ICT based activities and how they cover learning goals etc. You can find the review here.

You may have it already, but if not it's worth ordering. Best of all, it's free! :)

the national primary strategy has produced CDRoms that show how ICT can be used in each Key Stage including a separate one for Foundation Stage. It's full of video clips showing children using ICT to enhance learning in all 6 areas. You can probably order it online but not sure where!

Thanks for reminding me! I have a copy of that CD rom- just haven't got round to looking at it yet. Must do so!

I'm reception class by the way.

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)