Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cache Level 2

Just to let you know what we were told by OFSTED.

They do not recognise the position of deputy, only leader (we even quoted the welfare doc to them about there being a named deputy. They said it was an internal decision about even having a deputy). However, if the leader is off then someone must step up to that position and has to be level 3 qualified (not necessarily a deputy as they dont recognise it ). They were concerned about the fact that there had to be 50% qualified.

In my situation at my old setting, the leader was level 3, deputy was agency cover (could be different lady every day), me as assistant (studying level 3) so what happened when leader was off sick.......had to get in another agency woman but there was no way they were leaders for the day! It was down to me as who knows the systems, parents, children etc etc...and before you ask yes it was stressful (but an experience). Didnt get paid as deputy or leader tho! So I presume the agency ladies were "leaders in name only" really! However, it was an unforseen circumstance, we would have had to close at short notice and once a deputy was hired this would not occur again.

Edited by marley

Well three members of staff in my setting, manager(level4) deputy(level 2) myself (level 3). When manager off for training days deputy (level 2) is in charge/ runs setting. Now my argument is now if level 2 cannot be left in charge of setting then they should ask me being level 3 if I mind running setting. Got a feeling they wont ask, just do it. I know this sounds like I’m jealous of deputy but I am not, just want to know where I stand legally if something went wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)