Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Q About Planning For Kuw

I apologise if this is a silly question but having moved from year 2 im trying to come to grips with planning for Reception.

If you are planning for KUW do you work from a scheme or medium or do you just decide each week what you want to cover-say investigating changes etc. Its just my school have said just that to me-that i decide (whereas in Year 2 we worked off a med term plan which guided you on concepts to cover-e.g senses)

Im so confused and a bit stressed that i may not cover all the outcomes if i am to choose them myself.

Not sure that makes any sense but hoping one of you will :o

In theory, the EYFS says you should plan from the children's interests.

In our pre-school, we kind of use 'projects' to do this. For instance, a child brought in some caterpillars on nettles, and we have a fairly newly built pond in our garden, so we're currently doing a bit of a project on life cycles.

The planning then becomes retrospective, with these activities noted on our continuous planning sheets.

Hi, I'm in reception. I generally plan for KUW within the continuous provision and topic. My topics are based on a mixture of things I know I need to cover, such as minibeasts and on the interests of the children. I tend to offer activities that the fit with the topic or interests of the children and then highlight the development matters statements as i cover them. Towards the end of the year I will plan in activities to meet any gaps.

Hope that helps. Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)