Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stay And Play Sessions

Hello

We are starting to carry out weekly stay and play session for our reception class and I was wondering if anyone else did anything similar?!

We are going to offer all parents to come in every Friday afternoon and simply sign up if they plan to come that week. We are giving our parent partnership a big push and this is one of the ways we want them to get involved!! I just wanted to see if anyone carried out these kind of sessions and could tell me how they went etc. We are in an area where parents can be rather scared of school and I do feel it needs to be alot of play based activities without too much stress or extra planning for myself. I would just like them to experience some of the things their children do in school.

Thanks

Claire

Really lovely idea and hope you manage to get it up and running, but we were told unless they all had crb checks its not possible because weekly visits makes them 'regular visitors' rather than one off visits and they need a check done, this may put off those who are reluctant anyway which seems a real shame. Interested to hear how others get round this?

Ohhh I didnt think of that, will ask my f.s leader to look into it as its her idea to do it weekly, if not it wil be monthly!! You can do that other thing tho, erm is it list 99 which is a free check and obv they just can't be left alone as this is what we do with our general parent helpers!!

Hmmmm all interesting to think about tho, thanks

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)