Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Area, Numeracy And Investigation/ Exploration Area

hi i am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what to put in a writing area, investigationa dn exploration area for nursery!

thanks

Rachael

Hi Rachael and a warm welcome to the forum to you! :o

I work in pre-school and in our writing area we have a huge selection of pens, pencils, chalk and crayons. We have the resources close by so the children can access all kinds of coloured paper, donated cards of all sorts (greeting cards and envelopes), hole punches, paper clips, staplers (supervised) and rulers. We also have lots of old exercise books, ruled and unruled and our children also like copying us using post-it notes pads. In fact anything that they can write on and with we provide. Ours love making parcels so the sticky tape, string and glue are also used. Different feely paper like tissue, felt, shiny and corrugated paper always goes down well too.

In our investigation area we have the usual battery operated stuff like torches, calculators, remote control toys, magnets and magnifying glasses. Ours like the tape measures and different sized containers along with the bubbles and lengths of fabric to make dens. Oh and pegs too!

It depends on the ages of your children of course but we have real tools for exploring and building such as hammers, screwdrivers and spanners (supervision needed again!).

As you browse around the forum you will see a search facility on the top right-hand side of the screen so you can also see previous threads on these subjects for more ideas.

Enjoy yourself and I hope I've helped! xD

Hi Rachael and a warm welcome to the forum to you! :o

I work in pre-school and in our writing area we have a huge selection of pens, pencils, chalk and crayons. We have the resources close by so the children can access all kinds of coloured paper, donated cards of all sorts (greeting cards and envelopes), hole punches, paper clips, staplers (supervised) and rulers. We also have lots of old exercise books, ruled and unruled and our children also like copying us using post-it notes pads. In fact anything that they can write on and with we provide. Ours love making parcels so the sticky tape, string and glue are also used. Different feely paper like tissue, felt, shiny and corrugated paper always goes down well too.

In our investigation area we have the usual battery operated stuff like torches, calculators, remote control toys, magnets and magnifying glasses. Ours like the tape measures and different sized containers along with the bubbles and lengths of fabric to make dens. Oh and pegs too!

It depends on the ages of your children of course but we have real tools for exploring and building such as hammers, screwdrivers and spanners (supervision needed again!).

As you browse around the forum you will see a search facility on the top right-hand side of the screen so you can also see previous threads on these subjects for more ideas.

Enjoy yourself and I hope I've helped! xD

Thank you ill try it out!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)