Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Speaking And Listening Activities

Hi,

I am busy planning some speaking and listening activities for reception, yrs 1 and 2 and I have hit a brick wall. The only idea I have had so far, is retelling a story - Piet Corbet style. Can someone help me with some ideas please?

Thanks

Emily

Hi,

I am busy planning some speaking and listening activities for reception, yrs 1 and 2 and I have hit a brick wall. The only idea I have had so far, is retelling a story - Piet Corbet style. Can someone help me with some ideas please?

Thanks

Emily

Hi, a few ideas off the top of my head are-

Talk partners-pairing children together and discussing differnt things

Hot Seating-initially an adult pretends to be a role-(i was a super hero and they asked me questions)

Talk table in the writing area-we have a pretend telephone in and they chat away on it!

Listening games like 'whose got the bells' or chinese whispers where you pass an object arount the circle in a mystery box and whisper to each other whats inside (started by you as you know) See if they manage to whisper the right answer all around the circle.

Will have another think :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)