Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Noah's Ark Interactive Numeracy Display

Hi, our topic this half term is 'Weather' and I want to do a Noah's Ark interactive display for our numeracy area. We are in Nuirsery.

I ahve a few ideas, but anyone got any more. Any ideas would be appreciated!!

you could get the children to help you paint a big ark. You could also use different textures and media, e.g. wood and link this with texture and building materials.

I would focus on 'pairs' or have labels with 2 for the animal pairings. Either soft toys (if the nursery is well resoursed), or small world animals. You could have water sound effects children to explore, and the song 'Who built the ark?' on tape for children to use (guided or otherwise, I don't know how old the children are)

You could integrate this by saying 'good morning/afternoon' to Noah's ark and use a couple of the instruments as an activity. Maybe incorporate counting 1-5 for beats or shakes of tambourine to include pulse and counting out loud.

These are just some brainstorming ideas. I am intending on doing a Noah display later in the year with our animal project, but I'd be interested what works for you. My school is badly resoursed. Personally, it would be lovely if our school had 2 soft toys of the animal because they love them.

Hi Leanne, thnaks for your reply.I have a counting activity and a matching activity, and I will see how they go.

Our school is also quite badly resourced for animals, but I spent a long time on ebay, and have bought lots of 'Beanies', which you can pick up quite cheap.

The children are back in on monday, so i will let you know how they go!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)