Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yr 1 My Golden Group Help?

Hi

I am a teaching assistant in a reception class, but for this term i will be working with my 'Golden Group' these consist of Class 1 children that have moved up but will be spending mornings in reception due to there ability. I have created an area to work in with a large display board which will be for them. Just wondering if anyine has any ideas on how to use this with them, i feel it needs to have the basics like numbers, letter formation etc.. but i also want it to be motivating and good for their self esteem and confidence, any ideas or website si could look on. Thanks in advance

tnev is this space in the reception class? If so won't there already be numbers letters etc around the room?

If not are you having a separate group in a Y1 class? I don't like to be negative on the forum but if they are all in a groul it will not take long from them to realise they are not the same as the rest of the class and so it will be really important to involve them as much as you can in decisions so how about asking your group what they would like on the board and going from their?

Didnt spot earlier that this was your first post tnev so, hallo and welcome. Emilia makes a good point, dont duplicate what you already have around you. Make this group place a special place which is what I think you are trying to do? Involving the children sounds like a good way to start. What are the children missing from their year 1 class though and why is this considered an inappropriate place for them to be? What is your remit in this?

Good Luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)