Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pe!

Hi! I'm new to the forum and also to EYFS! I qualified (primary PGCE) just before Christmas and got my first supply job in March and after 3 days was offered a terms contract to cover long term sick - which has now been extended til Aug 2010 in the Nursery!

I have only worked in KS1 & 2 and I'm struggling to come up with ideas for PE (and most other things) in the Nursery for my rising 3's and 4's.

We also provide the flexible delivery. I have one TA and we have upto 25 x 3-4s any morning. PM's I could be on my own with upto 13. I'm struggling to arrange my timetable/planning to ensure that all children get everything, but that they don't get the same thing twice! I'm finding it a nightmare!!!! :o

Any hints/tips/guidance would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Tracey,

Do your children have continuous access to physical activities already? If they do then you don't need to necessarily plan for a formal PE session as such. Or is it specifically ideas for activities in a hall?

Hi Tracey,

Do your children have continuous access to physical activities already? If they do then you don't need to necessarily plan for a formal PE session as such. Or is it specifically ideas for activities in a hall?

Hi,

They have access to outside activities - peddle bikes/slide/scooters/ see saw etc - but we can't provide that on a continual basis due to staffing levels. Ideas for hall activities is what I'm really after I suppose! Thanks!

I bought Val Sabins Action Kids 500 for playgroup and it had loads of super ideas in it. It breaks all the activities down into different areas such as Dance, Gymnastics etc.

Action Kids 500

It is quite expensive though, so if you don't have a budget you would be stuck!

I bought Val Sabins Action Kids 500 for playgroup and it had loads of super ideas in it. It breaks all the activities down into different areas such as Dance, Gymnastics etc.

Action Kids 500

It is quite expensive though, so if you don't have a budget you would be stuck!

Thanks I'll have a look. Not sure if we have any budget left.

Have you thought about the Write dance Programme, not exactly PE but gross motor skills.

I've not heard about that one. Where do I find details?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)