Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lauguage Of The Month!

Hi everyone,

yesterday went on our Early years conference and was given a link to a really good website which i wanted to share. Sorry if you all aready know about it but I am really pleased with it as it will really help me. Its on a schools page and the link is language of the month. They have children saying basic words in different languages and also have numbers if you wanted to learn to count too. I am interested as i have lots of children with Eal in my class - mostly somali and now i can promote their home language in my classroom quite easily! others on the conference were saying they used it as a way of promoting other cultures in thier schools too - hope it helps someone else too! Ems

http://www.newburypark.redbridge.sch.uk/langofmonth/

Hi everyone,

yesterday went on our Early years conference and was given a link to a really good website which i wanted to share. Sorry if you all aready know about it but I am really pleased with it as it will really help me. Its on a schools page and the link is language of the month. They have children saying basic words in different languages and also have numbers if you wanted to learn to count too. I am interested as i have lots of children with Eal in my class - mostly somali and now i can promote their home language in my classroom quite easily! others on the conference were saying they used it as a way of promoting other cultures in thier schools too - hope it helps someone else too! Ems

http://www.newburypark.redbridge.sch.uk/langofmonth/

It's brilliant isn't it!

What a great website! Thanks x

Could have really done with that last September - I had 3 chd who just turned up on day one without having been to any of our lovely pre induction process and none of them could speak English! Not one word! ANd I don't speak Bengali or Japanese!

There was alot of interesting sign language that morning!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)