Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing

Hello,

I've just ordered therapeutic putty to help the children develop their writing muscles but now I'm not sure how to use it. I'm going to use it to squeeze, twist, pinch and stretch. Does anyone have any more ideas or exercises that I could use?

Thank you,

MJC

Yes, Yes Yes :D

I have loads of exercises that I have used which are devised specifically for the putty. If you like, you cpold email me your address and I'm more than happy to send you what I have.

Funnily enough, I'm ding an INSET on just this in a couple of weeks.

Let me know if I can be of help

Kate

Oo please, I am really interested in the putty too! I have a little boy in my class with very poor motor control causing him difficult to grasp a pen in order to make marks. I have been trying to come up with ideas to help build strength in his hands. Thanks hope the inset goes well, I would love to have been there. :D

My husband is a physio and gave me some he got as a freebie. I passed it on to teachers in YR and Y3 who had children with grip problems. He bought some for our sons who fence (swords, not garden) and I noticed that there are different strengths in different colours. They must use He-Man strength! Don't get it in the carpet - its a devil to get out.

OK

What I will try and do is scan the stuff in at work, bung it on a disc or on our personnal school USB pens!!!!!!and try to post it on the website or as an article, but I may need a bit of help with that.....Steeeeve... :o

Kate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)