Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Ict/computer Help Help Help

Hello all you lovely people out there!

My fantastic headteacher has said I can buy a new Early Years computer/Software package for my Nursery Class. I know a little about the RM Early Years software. Does any one like this? Does anyone recommend anything else! Think the whole RM package costs about £1000. What would you buy for yoyur class if you could? Need to go to him on Monday with prices and ideas with back up!!!! Just in case he changes his mind!

Thanks in advance everyone. x

We have the RM early years package and I have to say our children love it- it is easy to navigate through the programmes, which cover most of the skills we want to develop. The only slight disappoint we have had is the paint programme which does not give as many options as Colour Magic, so our technician simply added that as we are on the school server and we had the licences. The keyboard is early years friendly - however I think we are on our 4th mouse this year (that probably says more about our cohort than the poor little mouse though :o ).

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Hi, hope you got your computer package signed and sealed!! I used to have some large tracker balls instead of 'mice' in my Reception class a couple of years back. They were more robust than a mouse and easier for some children who had trouble with the mouse moving as they clicked.

I think this was the one!

I would reccomend stuff from 2simple- simple city, infant tool kit, 2paint a picture, maths city. check out their website for more details.

i'd also get some beebots, remote controlled toys, walkie talkies, metal detector etc.

hope that helps

I would reccomend stuff from 2simple- simple city, infant tool kit, 2paint a picture, maths city. check out their website for more details.

i'd also get some beebots, remote controlled toys, walkie talkies, metal detector etc.

hope that helps

do simple people produce a whole package like RM or do you buy the software separately and put it on any computer? could i buy the rm computer and put simple software on it?