Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Development Ideas

:o Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas I could borrow for my topic this term.

I'm really struggling to find fun, interesting activities for Creative Development. We're covering People who help us.

Please help - my mind is a blank!

I've done a lovely dance for parents based on People who help us. We used "A little help from my friends" by the Beatles. We took simple motifs from the children such as the stop and wave on a lollipop person might do- cleaners cleaning, drs taking temperatures etc. Each gesture the children come up with can be repeated and made bigger. The music is easy for the children to hear the changes. We worked on some unison parts for the chorus of hand shking and huggig. The children had made many pictures in a variety of media whic we photographed and projected behind the dancers.

Have a variety of role play boxes- nurse, lollipop lady, post, police, school and observe how the children play- this should give you plenty of ideas for a dance!

lucyd

Hi Linski,

Sometimes it is not possible to deliver all ELGs via the topic. It could be that in this instance people who help us does not translate directly to creative development other than in role play or in dance as Lucy has suggested and you will need to address the other ELGs in a different way. It is acceptable to teach skills and techniques re media and colours as a means to an end, rather than create tenuous links.

You don't say how old your children are if they are older they could paint pictures of people helping others, you could ask children to choose a different aspect to paint - Fireman putting out a fire - Policeman catching a robber.

You could look at the colours used in uniforms/ equipment talk about how we use colours Red for danger Black /Yellow prominent colours for signs/uniforms that need to be noticed green for paramedics all so they can be identified - They could do some creative work/ collage using one/two colours.

Thanks to everyone for your support. Lucy, your dance idea is absolutely wonderful. I will definitely be borrowing that one! Thank you very much!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)