Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rec/y1 Maths - Please Help!

I am about to start a job share in a mixed Rec/Y1 class - have been at home with my children for a few years so am a bit out of the loop. Have met with other teacher today and done some planning, but I am a bit confused about PSRN. At present the teacher uses a Maths scheme from Kingscourt (Maths Links Plus) which she is keen to carry on using. I have had a look at the Y1 book for this and there are some nice ideas, but it is quite prescriptive and lots of worksheets, haven't seen Rec book yet. I would prefer to link PSRN into our themes for the week and children's needs/interests. What do other people use for their PSRN planning? And what are the requirements for Y1 from the Numeracy strategy? This has changed since I last taught and Dcsf wesite just confused me!. I am confident to plan for Rec using EYFS but quite confused about Y1. Sorry if this sounds jumbled, but my head is all over the place thinking about everything I need to do!!

Theres no reason why you shouldnt link your maths teaching to your topic in yr 1 but its often easier to ensure coverage to stick to the framework layout. Do make sure that you look at units in numerical order for progression. I dont think it matters which order the units are tackled otherwise but its in the guidance if it does!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)