Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Gcse Results!

katekit

Can any one help please?

My eldest daughter has just finished year 9 and she has taken two parts of a science GCSE early. We have logged onto the EDEXCEL site and have got her scores but we don't really know what they mean. She is back at school on Wednesday and we will find out then I'm sure but do you think these scores mean that she has passed?

UMS / Max Score

26 / 40 Science B1B M/C TEST

32 / 40 Science B1B M/C TEST

To me it looks like she has passed these papers, but I don't want to say the wrong thing to her!

Thank you,

Cath

I'm sure that she has passed but you would have to know what percentage the different marks are at to say what she got as a score.

My son has just done GCSE Biology and got 42/50 and 69/100 which were an A and a C.

He sat them early as well and in only 1 year although he is only 13 and a Year 8.

We think this means he got a B which is great for his age but we do worry that he would have done better if we had just insisted that he wait and do it in 2 years.

Jane

my daughter has had her results and her science is 237/300 giving her a B grade and her additional science is 245/300 giving her an A grade. I dont know if this helps but it seems to me to suggest that your daughter has passed them. I am not an authority so dont want to say yes but it sure does look that way. congratulations

killowengirl

We think we have managed to convert my daughters year 9 units numbers too-3 A* and 1 A :o .They are only units but they will help with the end mean result.

I'm shattered supporting her!!!

Edited by Guest

oww my daughter did her science too in yr 9 - didnt realise you could look results up - how do you look it up? :o

A very small 'envelope' came with her school report, it had a web page and a pin number in it and you had to register at the web page and then they sent you a password through the e-mail. we only registered this morning, I don't think I realised how important it was! I don't understand 'big school' things! She has done a couple of papers(modules?) so she hasn't got a grade only scores for these papers which will be added to her other papers next year or the year after.

Its www.edexcel.com/studentregistration. Sorry I don't know how to do a 'hyperlink'

Cath