Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Starting E115 In Oct?

Hello,

Yes, I am starting mine in October and beginning to get nervous, but looking forward to it also.

It would be good to share tips!!

Just finished mine too and passed!!!

If you can get your head around the EYCLOs from the start then the battle is almost won.

If you don't know what EYCLOs are then wait for your box to arrive. Don't be afraid of them.......they are only evidence of what you do in your daily practice.......from talking to the children about how to keep themselves safe to talking to parents about their children.

Its a great course and teaches you how to reflect on your practice to become a better practitioner. It was also the first course that made me think and believe in myself as a professional.

Good luck and keep in touch. :o

Hi gillie5, I should be doing it, got my registration forms in the post today to fill in. Sounds like there were quite alot of people on the forum did it last year so we should be able to cry for help!!

Thanks dublinbay for your comments, sounds like its worth doing. I have been a bit unsure, wondering if I should be content with a level 4 but I really do want to further my professional development.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just sent of my EZL123 and EZL124 - Thank God !

Starting E115 in Ocober which runs until May 2010, was thinking of enrolling on U212 which starts Jan 2010 and ends Oct 2010. Do you think this will be too much ? Any advice from peeps who have done either/both courses would be gratefully recieved !

How many hours roughly per week do you think it would take ? - Deputy manager in a pre-school, work Monday, Tues and Wed. Run a mother-toddler group pn a Thursday morning, so really only have Thurs afternoon and Friday to study. Hubby and 2 children under 8 to look after too, so don't want to stretch myself too much, but would like to complete the FD asap.

Thx for your help.

Claire xx

i am in the same situation as you although manager and 3 children with Fri am to do work. just finishing my essay trying hard to get rid of some words. well done for having yours done. I aim to have mine in post monday. hope their are not strikes in Post office. have my stuff for E115 looks alot mor work based which i am excited about. no good at essays. it will be a miricle if i pass 123 and 124 no idea if i have done it right.

What is course U212?

buttercup

Hello everyone,

i am also starting the E115 in October and i am really worried. Hopefully we will help each other as i am already flapping. :-)

Andrea

Me too! Looks all a bit to scary. I am going to enjoy the next 2 weeks before starting to study again. I cant find my tutor's name yet though....

Andrea

i am in the same situation as you although manager and 3 children with Fri am to do work. just finishing my essay trying hard to get rid of some words. well done for having yours done. I aim to have mine in post monday. hope their are not strikes in Post office. have my stuff for E115 looks alot mor work based which i am excited about. no good at essays. it will be a miricle if i pass 123 and 124 no idea if i have done it right.

What is course U212?

buttercup

U212 Childhood is one of the level 2 option courses. Its is a compulsory course if you wish to us the Fd as a progession route to the BA (Hons)

hope this will help you.

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Just sent of my EZL123 and EZL124 - Thank God !

Starting E115 in Ocober which runs until May 2010, was thinking of enrolling on U212 which starts Jan 2010 and ends Oct 2010. Do you think this will be too much ? Any advice from peeps who have done either/both courses would be gratefully recieved !

How many hours roughly per week do you think it would take ? - Deputy manager in a pre-school, work Monday, Tues and Wed. Run a mother-toddler group pn a Thursday morning, so really only have Thurs afternoon and Friday to study. Hubby and 2 children under 8 to look after too, so don't want to stretch myself too much, but would like to complete the FD asap.

Thx for your help.

Claire xx

Hi Claire,

Have you made a start on E115? I ve just finished reading part 1 and now attempting to fill in TMA3. I am also looking at doing the U212 in Jan. I am going to see how much study time i need for this one first and then make my mind up by december, as i believe that when we would have to get registered?

Keep in touch and we can support each other.

Andrea

i had an email today from tutor. cannot get my head around tma, eyclos and there was something else all abbrieviated. i am having a friday off to do this course so will look into it more then.

best of luck everyone

Hi Buttercup

Try not to be disheartened the early days of E115 are a bit tricky as there is quite a bit of terminology that takes a while to get used to.

If you want to post the other abbreviations I am sure there are plenty of OU students around who can help to decipher it.

Just shout if you get stuck :o

Hi Claire,

Have you made a start on E115? I ve just finished reading part 1 and now attempting to fill in TMA3. I am also looking at doing the U212 in Jan. I am going to see how much study time i need for this one first and then make my mind up by december, as i believe that when we would have to get registered?

Keep in touch and we can support each other.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I am just finishing U212; it's a brilliant course, I can thoroughly recommend it :o .

However I would think long and hard about overlapping these two courses. I did and it was a real struggle managing the time. E115 is very time-consuming anyway, but when you have ECA for that and TMA for the other due within days (which is how it fell for me) something has to give! I passed E115 and have done OK with U212, but it is a heavy load for those few overlapping months.

Not trying to put you off, just a bit of advice. If you want to talk further please feel free to shout up!!

Sue

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Andrea,

I am just finishing U212; it's a brilliant course, I can thoroughly recommend it :o .

However I would think long and hard about overlapping these two courses. I did and it was a real struggle managing the time. E115 is very time-consuming anyway, but when you have ECA for that and TMA for the other due within days (which is how it fell for me) something has to give! I passed E115 and have done OK with U212, but it is a heavy load for those few overlapping months.

Not trying to put you off, just a bit of advice. If you want to talk further please feel free to shout up!!

Sue

Hello sue,

sorry for the late reply. Thanks for you advise. I have heart this from a few others aswell. I dont think i will do it now as i have just taken on some more study through work as well. As from november i will go to collage every monday to learn about PTTLS and then to teach it to the parents off our centre. I am also trying to transfer to University as from september, as i am finding it really hard to work from home. I am just waiting on reply for a space for me for next september!

Andrea

hello, my name is Nicola and i am doing the E115 course :)

Hi Nicola

A very warm welcome to the forum :o

Hope you are enjoying E115 - there are lots of OU students past and present who are members of this great forum so plenty of support around if you feel the need xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)