Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Induction Evaluation For Parents

KST

Hi,

Just wondered if any one else has done something similar... my head wants me to find out from parents what they think/thought of the induction process, e.g. induction visits prior to starting school, home visits and information etc. Any ideas for the best way to approach this?

Also thinking it would be nice to find out from the children (reception age) what they thought of it e.g. how happy they were starting school, but how would I be able to do this? Maybe get the school council to chat to the class with some key questions??

Thanks!

You need a questionnaire but whatever you do remember to expect positive replies and phrase your questions in such a way as to make these more obvious responses than negatives!

You could also give an opportunity for parents to say what could be different or better.

The children could be given smiley faces to colour in when asked a question but again remember to be positive, children are unlikely to say they dont like something unless that possibility is suggested to them.

This is quite good evidence for OFSTED.

Good luck.

You need a questionnaire but whatever you do remember to expect positive replies and phrase your questions in such a way as to make these more obvious responses than negatives!

You could also give an opportunity for parents to say what could be different or better.

The children could be given smiley faces to colour in when asked a question but again remember to be positive, children are unlikely to say they dont like something unless that possibility is suggested to them.

This is quite good evidence for OFSTED.

Good luck.

Thanks Susan. Good advise about the wording of questions!

If anyone has a questionnaire they have done and doesn't mind sharing, that would be helpful!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)