Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Planning In Y1

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for some help please. I'm currently moving from my EYFS unit into Y1 and want to make the transition as pain free for the children - and me - as possible. We currently display continuous planning for sand, water, roleplay, small world etc in the unit, which HMI really liked. I just feel that I need to also do this for my designated independent areas of learning in Y1 so that I am linking both the EYFS guidance with the N.C. I just wondered if anyone else had already done this before I start what seems to be a mammoth task. Cheeky I know, but I'm all for not reinventing the wheel.

I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Many, many thanks :o

Sparkle xx

I haven't done it but it is a great idea Sparkle and to save you too much why not just adapt those you made for YR? To start the term many o fhtem will be similar and then as you go on you can alter with the info relating to the NC?

Just a thought as I am like you - you may find the Sally Featherstone Carrying on in Y1 booklets useful too.

Yes, thanks, I have got all those featherstone books which are a great help. I am going with building in challenges with a balance still of child initiated stuff. I just thought someone might have beat me to linking the F.S and N.C in relevant areas.

Thanks for your thoughts though, fingers crossed we're going in the right direction!!! Any advice gratefully received! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Found this stuff really interesting!

Was just wondering how you would organise this? E.g. timetable, staffing, ensuring obj are achieved etc.

Thank you in advance!

:D

I'm working on this at the moment for my Yr R/1 class as I want both curriculums to be reflected on the posters; hopefully parents will then see what yr 1 get from the FS approach too! I'm sttill in early stages but will let you know when it's finished! :o

Found this stuff really interesting!

Was just wondering how you would organise this? E.g. timetable, staffing, ensuring obj are achieved etc.

Thank you in advance!

:D

Becksyboo there was a conversation on another thread and I posted an example of our Y1 timetable you may find useful.

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...c=18094&hl=

Emilia

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)